Gerlind Plonka, Vasily Strela
From Wavelets to Multiwavelets
Preprints aus dem Fachbereich Mathematik, Universität Rostock
Abstract: This paper gives an overview of recent achievements of the
- 41-02 Research exposition (monographs, survey articles)
- 41-06 Proceedings, conferences, collections, etc.
- 41A30 Approximation by other special function classes
- 42A85 Convolution, factorization
- 42C15 Series of general orthogonal functions, generalized Fourier expansions, nonorthogonal expansions
multiwavelet theory. The construction of multiwavelets is based on a
multiresolution analysis with higher multiplicity generated by a scaling vector.
The basic properties of scaling vectors such as L^2-stability, approximation
order and regularity are studied. Most of the proofs are sketched.
Keywords: multiwavelets, L^2-stability, approximation order, regularity, scaling vectors